Frequently Asked Questions
What is an H&T Personal Loan?
The H&T Personal Loan is designed to offer customers up to £5,000 repaid over 12 to 36 months.
All Personal loans are repayable by Direct Debit.
If you have a problem with your repayments you can call one of our friendly team members on 0151 525 1000, who will help you get back on track.
Who can apply for an H&T Personal Loan?
If you meet the below criteria you are eligible to apply for a Personal Loan;
- aged 18 or over
- have a stable income of at least £750 per month
- be a UK resident
- have a UK bank account that accepts Direct Debits and faster payments
You must also
- agree to an eligibility check being carried out
- agree to make repayments by Direct Debit on your pay date
Where Can I Apply?
You can apply for a Personal Loan either online or in one of our 247 stores across the UK.
What to bring?
Please note that formal identification is required for this service and you must have a UK bank account. Please bring along the originals of:
- A full bank statement (dated within 1 month)
- Your most recent payslip (dated within 1 month) or 2 full months’ bank statements (the most recent dated within 1 month).
- Letter with your address dated within the last three months e.g. a utility bill, tenancy agreement.
- Photographic ID such as passport, driving licence, Government Photo ID card, European ID card, Government or HMRC Correspondence, British Armed Forces card, Inland Revenue Contractors card, union card, Disability badge and Hackney Licence.
How much can I borrow?
You can apply to borrow any amount up to £5,000 for up to 36 months.
What is a pawnbroking loan?
Pawnbroking loans are loans secured against valuable items. These valuables act as the security, or collateral, for the loan. Once the loan is paid back, the items are returned. See our 'What is pawnbroking?' video to find out more.
Who can apply for a pawnbroking loan?
You need to be
- 18 years old or over
- a UK resident
- the legal owner of the goods you are using to obtain the loan
What do I need to apply for a pawn loan?
Please note that formal identification is always required for this service. You should bring along the originals of:
- a formal letter with your address dated within the last three months, such as a utility bill or tenancy agreement
- Photographic ID such as a passport or driving licence
If you are unsure or do not have any of the items listed please call us on 0800 838 973 and we will confirm how we can help.
What items can be used to obtain a pawn loan?
Pawnbroking loans are secured against valuable items like jewellery, antiques, electronics, designer fashion and cars. See the full list of items you can pawn.
Will you lend against damaged or personalised items?
This depends on the specific item and if it would still have a resale value. Our valuations will always take into account the condition of your items and any personalisation.
We will usually value damaged or personalised jewellery based on the weight of the precious metals and size/condition of gemstones. Generally, watches will need to be in good working order, but we will be able to value any precious metals or stones.
We Buy Gold
Is my gold insured when I send it to you?
Yes! The FREE Royal Mail Special Delivery envelope that we send you is insured up to the value of £500.
How will I know that my items have arrived?
We will keep you informed throughout the process and will contact you with an offer once your items have arrived.
What should I do if the items I send you are calculated to be of greater value than £500?
If you think your items of gold will exceed £500, please contact us and we will send you another Special Delivery envelope out immediately. You can then split your items between the two envelopes.
How much will I get for my gold?
It depends on the weight and the carat of the gold. You should use the gold calculator on our website for a good indication of what you can expect to receive.
What type of gold do you buy?
We buy all gold, platinum, and silver - even pieces that are old, broken, tarnished, or not hallmarked.
Question for travel money
Answer for travel money
Another question for travel money
Answer for travel money question 2
Cant find what you're looking for?
We have a team waiting for your callContact