26th May 2015, Harlow: On Saturday 6th June, Harlow’s Est1897 Discount Secondhand Jewellery store on Broad Walk will hold a fundraising event to raise money for local Harlow charity PACT for Autism, from 9.30am to 3.30pm. Many local businesses have donated raffle prizes to help with this charity drive, including:
- A Thomson cruise for two around the Mediterranean - 7 nights full board visiting Croatia, Slovenia and Italy, leaving at various dates later this year
- Activity days - racing at Brands Hatch; Laser games at Quasar Harlow; Paintballing sessions
- Hampers - Gift set from The Body Shop, Fruit and vegetable hamper from Harlow Market
- Gift vouchers - Paintballing; ShoeZone; Entertainer Toy Shop; Wash and blow dry at Cellys Hairdressers
- Jewellery - A diamond ring from the Est1897 Discount Secondhand Jewellery store
- House and home - Photo frames from Changing Rooms; Despicable Me Minion backpack from Deichmann; a bottle of Champagne; Two Xbox games donated by Game
- Collectables - a Harry Potter book signed by Rupert Grint who plays Ron Weasley in the Harry Potter films; a signed photo of reality star Bobby Norris from The Only Way is Essex
Harlow’s MP Robert Halfon, will be there on the day to join in with the fundraising activities. He also supports the local charity PACT for Autism, which helps the families of children and adults with autism and other special needs and disabilities.
- Entertainment on the day will include:
- Children’s comedian Adam Lazarus, who featured in ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- Bouncy castle in the high street
- Cake stalls
Store Manager, Rebecca Burns, said: ‘We’re committed to our local communities and hope to raise as much money as possible for PACT for Autism. So many of the local businesses have kindly donated gifts and support for our fundraising day, we hope the people of Harlow will come along to support this charity and have a great day out.’
The fundraising day runs from 9.30am – 3.30pm at 23 Broad Walk, CM20 1JF. Adam, the comedian, will put on his puppet act between 1pm and 3pm and the raffle results will be announced straight after, at 3pm.