Basildon, 28th July 2015: On Saturday 18th July, Basildon’s H&T Pawnbrokers store on Market Pavement held a fundraising event to raise money for national cancer support charity Macmillan. The store exceeded their £200 fundraising goal, and managed to raise over £300!
Many local Basildon businesses donated raffle prizes to help with this charity drive, including:
- Activity days – x 2 tickets to Essex County Cricket Club
- Food and drink – Coffee and cup set from Starbucks; £30 voucher for The Little Fish Company; A bottle of Champagne; A box of chocolates; A juicer
- Hair and beauty – x 2 Hairdresser vouchers worth £50 at Reflections; A manicure at Debut salon
- House and home –A home-made picture from Being Creative; Fluffy toys
Entertainment on the day included:
- Face painting and glitter tattoos
- Despicable Me Minions
- Cake stalls and refreshments
- Music and dancing
Store Manager, Addy Archodakis, said: ‘So many of the local businesses kindly gave raffle prizes and offered support for our fundraising day. It was a fun day in the sun and the local community got involved and donated generously. Even the local police popped along for a drink and a photo with the Minions!’
H&T Pawnbrokers is supporting Macmillan in many of the 190 stores nationwide this year and have already raised over £2,000. The pawnbroking and secondhand jewellery stores are holding a range of activities including cake, book and plant sales; sporting challenges; themed fancy dress days; and entertainment events.