- Position: Branch Manager
- Job Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Reporting to: Area Manager
As the UK’s largest pawnbrokers, Harvey & Thompson have a long history dating back to the late 1800s. H&T currently have over 180 shops across the UK and employ 1000 members of staff across the estate including the Sutton Head Office, Loan Centre in Merseyside and Jewellery Centre in Kent. Our company website is www.handt.co.uk
- Responsible for day to day operations of the shop -This includes leadership and development of all shop personnel, meeting stated financial goals for the shop, satisfying customer relations standards, initiating or concluding (without limitation) the retail sales, pawn, insurance sales, cheque cashing or loan transaction, adhering to shop operating procedures, recruiting and retaining quality shop staff.
- Manages the administrative process and procedures within the shop, which includes loans, asset management, stock control, shop representation, shop systems, management reporting, and internal/external security.
- Remains abreast of competitor practices and operations and regularly keeps Senior Management informed of changing market conditions.
- Windows and stock presentation maintained to a high standard at all times.
- Ensure that the pricing of all goods is accordance with Company procedures in force at the time, achieving maximum margin where possible.
- Displaying promotional materials as appropriate/instructed to enhance sales.
- Ensure the displaying and adherence to the Hallmarking Act and other relevant legislation relating to the retailing of jewellery.
- Responsible for ordering necessary display materials e.g. pads, as required with authorisation from Area Manager.
- Reviews the shop’s financial statements, communicating results to shop staff and establishing goals which will maximise shop’s profits.
- Manages operations effectively so that actual results meet or exceed the established guidelines.
Recruitment and Training of Staff
- Sources and recruits Assistants, ensuring that each individual employed are the best available talent.
- Manages all training of Assistant Manager and Assistants so that their development meets the prescribed company standards.
- Keeps a record of all training conducted.
- Evaluates staff’s individual performance, giving each consistent and fair feedback on their
performance on both an ongoing basis and formally with an annual written appraisal.
- Provides clear and concise communication to all staff, so that all staff understands the shop’s mission and profit objectives.
- Communications should take the form of meetings, one on one discussions, memorandums and general bulletin board postings.
- When administering the loan product, responsible for explaining the benefits, exclusions and costs of the insurance to the customer and completing the sales process, providing the customer with the relevant documentation from the AIS system.
- Adhering to Company procedures when dealing with insurance sales and ensuring any customer queries are passed to the Loan Centre.
- Ensuring Assistant Manager and Assistants comply with same.
- Manages the customer relations’ atmosphere in the shop by leading through example of greeting each customer that enters the shop in a friendly and helpful manner and providing the customer with a prompt service.
- Responsible for compliance with Company procedures relating to the Money Laundering
Health and Safety
- Develop and maintain strong co-operative relationships with law enforcement officers and security companies.
- To co-operate with and conform to the Security and Health & Safety Policy of the Company with arrangements made and actively assists in implementing the Policy.
- Good standard of education in English and Maths.
- Spoken English to be able to be understood by others.
- Previous retail supervisory experience with hands on approach to Management.